top of page

Basin 7 - Hotel and conference center

​Basin 7 - Hotel og konferencecentre
​Basin 7 - Hotel og konferencecentre

Basin 7 was designed in 2018 as a hotel and conference center with a central position at the entrance to Ø4 in Aarhus, making it the neighborhood's face towards the city. Unlike traditional locations, this project aims to integrate a hotel and conference center in the middle of the city with inviting architecture and activity on all sides, which is intended to attract both visitors and locals.

Stouenborg was chosen as the theater technical and AV technical advisor by the people behind the project and designed, in close collaboration with BIG, the hall to be highly flexible and multifunctional, making it suitable for a wide range of event types. According to the programming assumptions, the hall is used 70% of the time for various types of conferences, while the remaining 30% of the events range from banquets, concerts, fairs, stand-up shows, sports events, to TV productions.

When the hall is in full use, it can accommodate up to 1,912 seated guests with excellent sightlines and 3,000 standing audience members with good sightlines for standing events. The hall can be divided into three smaller rooms, allowing for multiple events to be held simultaneously or creating a more intimate atmosphere for smaller gatherings.

The events to be held in Basin 7 each require different technical solutions, which Stouenborg had to consider. Therefore, it has been made possible to conduct events with various setups, such as telescopic stands, square and/or round tables. It is also possible to make presentations displayed on multiple screens using projectors and with the option of utilizing LED walls. The acoustics are designed to be flexible so they can be adjusted to the different event preferences for reverberation time, and the lighting and sound system can be tailored to the desired needs. Furthermore, it has been made possible to hang banners and decorations from the ceiling for larger events. The stands are dimensioned as telescopic stands that can be retracted for fairs, and additional power has been provided for the booths during fairs.

In summary, the hall is equipped with a range of infrastructural facilities that ensure it can be adapted to any type of event. From conferences to concerts and fairs to sporting events, the hall is designed to provide an optimal experience for both organizers and audiences.

The project was significantly altered due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and therefore, Basin 7 now stands as a spa and wellness hotel.

You can also read more about the advisory task we had at Aarhus University.

​Basin 7 - Hotel og konferencecentre
​Basin 7 - Hotel og konferencecentre
​Basin 7 - Hotel og konferencecentre
bottom of page